T. Patrick Ford Jr., is the senior partner in Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A. He has been board certified in civil trial law by The Florida Bar and the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 1983.
Mr. Ford has lectured nationally on medical malpractice and nursing home abuse for the American Institute of Medical Law, The Gerontological Society of America and the Florida Medical Directors Association and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
He is a former director of the Dade County and Coral Gables Bar Associations, a member of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers and a sustaining member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
Mr. Ford graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 1965 and Columbia Law School in 1968. He joined the U.S. Navy JAG Corps in 1969 and served as a military judge in Pensacola and Key West, Florida, until he entered private practice in Miami in 1973.
Mr. Ford is a member of the New York and Florida Bars and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court and the U.S. Supreme Court.
In 1991, Mr. Ford successfully defended the first physician in the country to be charged with medical manslaughter arising out of the death of a nursing home resident. He has written numerous journal articles on nursing home litigation and is the author of the chapter "Punitive Damages in Nursing Home cases in Nursing Home Litigation" Pretrial Practice and Trials, 2nd Edition, Lawyers and Judges Publishing Company (2003).
Areas of Practice
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Elder Care
- Medical Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Law, State Bar of Florida
- Civil Trial Law, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- New York, 1968
- Florida, 1971
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1973
- U.S. District Court, 1973
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1973
- Columbia Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1968
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- B.A. - 1965
- "Punitive Damages in Nursing Home cases in Nursing Home Litigation", Lawyers and Judges Publishing Company, Pretrial Practice and Trials, 2nd Edition, 2003
- United National Bank
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dade County Bar Association, Former Director
- Coral Gables Bar Association, Former Director
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Present
- American Association for Justice, Sustaining Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Sustaining Member
- American Bar Association
- Kendall-South Miami Bar Association
- Dade County Trial Lawyer's Association
- Who's Who in American Law, 1979 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Shearman & Sterling, 06/1968 to 02/1969
- Lt. U.S. Navy JAG, MILITARY JUDGE, 02/1969 to 11/1972
- Mershon, Sawyer, et al., 11/1972 to 10/1973
- Corlett, Merritt & Killian, 10/1973 to 12/1974