William A. Dean
- Managing Partner
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Assisted Living Facility Abuse
- Medical Malpractice
- Abuse of Developmentally Disabled
- Sexual Abuse
- DUI Fatalities
- Negligent Security
- Trucking & Transportation Negligence
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death Claims
- Legal and Professional Malpractice
William A. Dean is the managing partner of the law firm of Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A. Mr. Dean was born in Waltham, Massachusetts on October 25th, 1970, and grew up in Needham, Massachusetts. Mr. Dean attended Union College in Schenectady, New York, where he received his B.A. in history in 1992. Mr. Dean then attended New York Law School graduating cum laude and received his J.D. in 1997. Upon graduating from New York Law School, Mr. Dean was employed by the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office where he was responsible for the investigation and prosecution of violent felony crimes. Mr. Dean then became one of the founding members of the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office Special Prosecutions - Narcotics Unit, where he was responsible for the investigation and prosecution of organized narcotic traffickers.
Upon leaving the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office, Mr. Dean entered private practice and has focused his practice on representing victims who have been abused and neglected in nursing homes and assisted living facilities; representing victims of medical malpractice; representing patients who have suffered the development and deterioration of bedsores; representing victims of sexual abuse; representing victims who have been catastrophically injured due to negligent security; and prosecuting significant wrongful death claims. Moreover, Mr. Dean has lectured nationally on these legal topics.
Mr. Dean is a Board-Certified Civil Trial Attorney as certified by The Florida Bar and the National Board of Trial Advocacy. The Florida Bar characterizes Board-Certified Lawyers such as Mr. Dean as experts and specialists in the field of Civil Trial law.
Mr. Dean obtained his first eight-figure jury verdict by the age of 32 totaling more than $17 million dollars and has successfully obtained over $100 million dollars in verdicts and settlements for his clients. Further, Mr. Dean was inducted into the Daily Business Review's 2014 Verdicts Hall of Fame.
Mr. Dean holds an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell* and is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum; the Florida Justice Association; Association of Trial Lawyers of America; and The Miami-Dade County League of Prosecutors.
Mr. Dean has served as an appointed member of the City of North Miami Beach Charter Review Committee and was a past chairman of the Florida Bar Grievance Committee in the 11th Judicial Circuit.
Mr. Dean is admitted to practice law in the state of Florida, the commonwealth of Massachusetts, the state of New York, the state of Georgia, the United States Supreme Court, and numerous federal jurisdictions across the country.
Mr. Dean has been acknowledged as a "Rising Star" and "Super Lawyer" in the 2009 to present editions of Florida Super Lawyers Magazine; acknowledged as one of the "Top Up and Comers" in the 2010, 2011 and 2012, editions of South Florida Legal Guide, acknowledged as a “Top Lawyer” in the 2013 to present editions of the South Florida Legal Guide; and acknowledged as one of Florida's "Legal Elite" in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015 by Florida Trend magazine. Further, Mr. Dean is an inducted member of the Union College Athletic Hall of Fame as the starting offensive guard on the 1989 Undefeated Football Team of Distinction and a member of the Union College President's Council.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1997
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: 1997 Recipient of New York Law School National Team Moot Court Award
- Honors: 1997 Recipient of The Order of Barristers
- Honors: Member, New York Law School Moot Court Association
- Union College, Schenectady, New York
- B.A. - 1992
- Honors: Inducted member of the Union College Athletic Hall of Fame as the starting offensive guard on the 1989, undefeated football team
- Honors: Member of the Union College President's Council, 2012-Present
- Major: History
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- United States Supreme Court
- The Florida Justice Association, Present
- American Association for Justice, Present
- City of North Miami Beach Charter Review Committee, Present
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee in the 11th Judicial Circuit, Former Chairman
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Daily Business Review’s 2014 Verdicts Hall of Fame
- Florida Super Lawyers Magazine "Rising Star" and "Super Lawyer", 2009-Present
- South Florida Legal Guide "Top Up and Comers"
- South Florida Legal Guide “Top Lawyers”, 2013-Present
- Florida Trend Magazine- Florida's "Legal Elite", 2010 - 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Winner of Best Oralist, Best Petitioner's Brief and Finalist, 1007 John J. Gibbons National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition
- AV Rating from Martindale Hubbell
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- The Miami-Dade County League of Prosecutors, Present
- City of North Miami Beach Charter Review Committee, Member
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee in the 11th Judicial Circuit, Chairman
- Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office, Attorney
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board-Certified Civil Trial Attorney, The Florida Bar
- Board-Certified Civil Trial Attorney, National Board of Trial Advocacy