Elderly Lives Matter
Call For A Free Consultation

Know the steps of a malpractice case

If you think you have a medical malpractice claim and want to bring it to your attorney, you should get to know the malpractice lawsuit process. These cases are generally brought against the medical providers or their employers.

Patients or their families may opt to seek compensation after injuries or deaths occur as a result of mistakes, negligence or intentional misconduct. Medical providers are required to provide appropriate care at the same standard that the industry expects.

The majority of medical providers to provide a level of care that is high, which means that most people receive good care. Sadly, not all patients get the support they need. Here’s what to do if that patient is you or a loved one.

1. Contact the facility and medical professional

In your case, you may want to reach out to the assisted-living facility directly or speak with the nurse or doctor you’re considering filing a claim against. Some medical providers will take steps to perform services that correct a problem. If that isn’t agreeable, you can still continue on with your case.

2. Contact the medical board

It’s a good idea to contact the medical board as well. The licensing board can’t ask the professional to compensate you but may be able to discipline the provider in other ways.

3. Get in touch with your attorney

Finally, get in touch with your attorney to prepare your case. You’ll need to get together documentation, like photos and medical documents, to prove your case in court. Once you can do that, your attorney may be able to negotiate with the other party and help you get what you need financially.


FindLaw Network
Honors & Awards
Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Florida Trends Florida Legal Elite
The Florida Bar Board Certified
National Board of Trial Advocacy NBTA Established 19977
AV Lexis Nexis Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability tm
Rated By Super Lawyers William A. Dean

Let Us Help Your Family Today

Contact Us For A Free Consultation

Phone: 305-670-2000
Fax: 305-670-1353
Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A.
3323 NE 163 Street, Suite 605
North Miami, FL 33160
Review Us
Review Us