Michael J. Rotundo practices in the areas of medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and cases involving catastrophic injury. He has extensive litigation and trial experience throughout Florida and the Southeastern United States.
Mr. Rotundo is AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell*, the highest rating awarded by that publication. Martindale Hubbell ratings are determined by the confidential opinions of other lawyers. He has a 10.0 “Superb” rating by Avvo, the highest rating awarded by that website. Avvo ratings are determined based upon experience, industry recognition and professional conduct.
Born in upstate New York, Mr. Rotundo received his Bachelor of Science degree from The State University of New York at Buffalo in 1987. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Notre Dame The Law School in 1991. Mr. Rotundo has been practicing law in South Florida since 1991.
Among his other activities, Mr. Rotundo lectures in his areas of practice; serves as a guardian ad litem for Miami-Dade and Broward counties; teaches as a guest lecturer at a local university; and, serves as The Florida Bar fee arbitrator.
Mr. Rotundo is a member of The Florida Bar, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Middle District of Florida, the Dade County Bar Association, the Broward County Bar Association, Miami Dade Justice Association, and the American Association for Justice.
When he is not working, Mr. Rotundo enjoys spending time with his family, woodworking and gardening.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review RatingTM fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Florida, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana
- J.D. - 1991
- State University of New York, Buffalo, New York
- B.S. - 1988
- Major: Commerce
- References furnished upon request
- LSAT Preparation Courses
- Nursing Home Litigation Seminar, NBI
- Guest Lecturer, University of Miami School of Law
Honors and Awards
- "AV" rating by Martindale Hubble
- "Superb" rating by AVVO
- Florida Legal Elite
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Broward County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, US District Court - Southern District
- Member, US District Court - Middle District
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee, Chairman (2011 - 2012), 2009 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Robert Rubenstein, P.A., Director, 2005 to 2011
- Fuller & Suarez, P.A., Partner, 2002 to 2005
- Bunnell, Woulfe, Kirschbaum, Keller & McIntyre, P.A., Partner, 1998 to 2002
- McGrane & Nosich, P.A., Associate, 1996 to 1998
- Kubicki, Draper P.A., Associate, 1991 to 1996
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, "Put Something Back" Program
- Guardian Ad Litem, Miami-Dade and Broward Counties
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee, Chairman (2011 - 2012), 2009 to 2012
- Florida Bar Fee Arbitrator