News & Publications
We take pride in keeping the community informed about issues facing our elderly community in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. We believe that elderly lives matter, and we have dedicated our practice to helping some of the most vulnerable members of our society. Here you will find a collection of articles on topics of concern to those who have elderly loved ones in the care of one of these facilities. You can also read more at our blog.
- Social media highlighting issue of nursing home abuse
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: signs to watch out for
- Your top questions about medical malpractice answered
- Finding the best nursing home for your loved one
- Study pinpoints most common emergency room errors, examines causes
- Fellow residents: an often-overlooked source of nursing home abuse
- Study: before you have surgery, make sure that it is needed
- The surgical sponge is most likely item to be left behind, study finds
- Pressure ulcers or bed sores may speed the decline of a loved one
- 20 percent of Florida’s nursing homes on state watch list
- A wrongful death lawsuit can help grieving families get on with their lives
- Abuse and neglect by home health care workers: a primer
Managing Partner William A. Dean, from the law firm of Ford, Dean, and Rotundo, P.A. recently served as an Assistant Coach for the University of Miami Moot Court Team which participated in the 23rd annual Burton D. Wechsler First Amendment Moot Court Competition in Washington D.C. at American University-Washington School of Law. The University of Miami Moot Court Team was represented by Elise Haverman and Erik Tarrash who performed admirably at the competition. The team advanced to the Octo-Finals of the competition. Moreover, Elise Haverman won Best Oralist for the preliminary rounds and Erik Tarrash won Runner Up Best Oralist of the preliminary rounds. The competition was a fabulous opportunity for the University of Miami Moot Court team to display their talent on a national stage.
The Law Firm of Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A. in North Miami, Florida continues to fight vigorously to protect elderly, infirm, at risk nursing home and assisted living facility residents from abuse, neglect and sexual attacks. The Law Firm of Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A. recently successfully prosecuted three separate sexual abuse cases against an Assisted Living Facility named Grace Manor Assisted Living and Memory Care located in Port Orange, Florida. Due to the disturbing nature of these cases against Grace Manor Assisted Living and Memory Care, CNN published an exhaustive investigative report on Nursing Home and Assisted Living Facility residents being sexually assaulted and raped in nursing homes across the country. The three cases prosecuted by Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A. were prominently mentioned in CNN’s investigative reports. the article
Grace Manor, an assisted living facility in Port Orange, continues to be the subject of allegations involving sexual abuse by a former staff member. The state has shut down the facility pending investigation of these reports.
- Nursing assistant confesses to sexually abusing residents at Grace Manor
- Facility shuttered due to allegations of abuse
On January 6th, 2016, The Daily Business Review published Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A.‘s most recent verdict. The firm has successfully obtained over 100 million dollars in verdicts, and continues to proudly pronounce “ELDERLY LIVES MATTER ® .” Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A.‘s recent six-figure verdict was awarded in a medical malpractice case pertaining to a catastrophic head injury and death due to nursing negligence.
T. Patrick Ford Jr. and William A. Dean are proud to announce that Michael J. Rotundo has been elevated to a named partner in the firm. Henceforth, the firm shall be known as Ford, Dean & Rotundo, P.A. As we celebrate our 40th year of prosecuting nursing home abuse and neglect cases, assisted living facility abuse cases, and hospital bedsore cases, we believe that Mike will continue to uphold our reputation as a strong advocate for our clients and exemplary member of the bar.